I hate this idea
The worst thing about this new show “The Side-Chicks of Charlotte” is that its not fake news. This show was created to chronicle the lives of a group of women who pride themselves on the hustle. This means, they see nothing wrong with sharing a married man, potentially one children. At the bottom of this article you will find a video, in which the “stars” attempt to defend their position as “side-chick” even insisting there is no such thing. One of the participants says,
” I mean shidd, I get same treatment as the what you calling the main chick so, how I’m on the side?” (obligatory lip twist and tongue click included) You might look at it as a side chick, but I look at it as a main chick as well because “We can go sideways, up, down, left, right …we can do all kinds of ‘sides’ but if I’m getting the same treatment, it’s not really the same qualifications of what you would call a side chick …it’s OUR man.”
The women have no issue with the secondary, or in some cases tertiary relationships besides their own. There is also no issue with sharing the saddle of one man. Their main focus is to ensuring they consistently get “the coins” they deserve, for the services they render.
Why I bothered
Thank you for your patience thus far. The point of this article is simply, where the hell are the men that participated in creating this situation. I have searched and searched again for an article, a photo, any proof of life for the male counterparts of the “side-chicks”. Needless to say, my search has been fruitless. Additionally, every article that I have found, including the one featured in Ebony Magazine, have taken the position of interrogating and condemning the women of the show. The show’s producer was quoted int he Ebony article as saying
“This show is based around the side chicks perspective, using men for money the same way men use them,” producer Pete Pitrelli said. “These women have no desire to be wives/main chicks, they are perfectly okay with their positions and want nothing more than to have fun.”
The ladies shouldn’t carry the load alone. Granted, its all a huge moralistic smudge on humanity and the things we find entertaining that we engage in, but let’s equalize the blame.
This kind of show is detrimental
- T.V producers are under the impression that the viewing public is simple-minded at best and will watch whatever they give us to watch. Programming no longer has any standard. (Although, I cant say that I won’t catch at least one episode in the interest of research, and to have a good idea about that which I scorn.)
- This will inevitably end in violence, additional children (fatherless), or as a promotion for men too continue to not be held responsible for the families and children that they create and subsequently abandon. It takes more than money to care for kids.
- No one asking about who these men are, nor examining the role they play in these situations. After all, aren’t the men in “committed” relationships with preexisting families?
- You are raising children in the midst of your “fuckery” (Both the men and the women) What do you suppose they are learning from you?
- 3. The equality that women have been championing for years is impacted each time women publicly submit themselves to scrutiny and scandal. I am sure there is at least one feminist out there, claiming that this is a sign of independence ans leveling the playing field between men and women. It’s not. What it is doing, is showing that women still feel like the need men to survive, or that they need them as a financial enhancement at the the very least.
- 4. All of the women involved admitted openly that they have been in less than ideal relationships previously and have no desire to get into another one. The choice to participate in this kind of side-show is coming from a place of brokenness and desperation. It’s is completely OK to have a choice, its less OK to squander it. Get therapy, not community peen.
Have a look, judge for yourself. I look forward to hearing your comments. This should be a good one.