Ella Mai Releases a new EP for 2017
Ella Mai’s “She Don’t” is everything you ever typed out to an ex before you thought better of it and hit cut. The 21-year-old singer’s bold début single blazed a trail through the OVO Sound show when it premiered on Beats 1 .
What you really want to know
Most of anything you would want to know about her personally is on her Wikipedia / Sound Cloud / Artist Page / iTunes bio, and the list goes on.
- Stand out Tracks : Boo’d up , Breakfast in Bed, Anymore
- Is her music any good? Its pretty good. She gives a smooth summertime vibe, which is why I chose her for this article
- Would you want play this every day? No I don’t think so, however, it is a nice something new.
- She has a really great voice and some great production and beats.
- I would classify this as fun feel good music, ironically, since most of what she sings about are failed and /or unfulfilled relationships
Verdict: I think it deserves a listen. It is miles above much of the garbage that is now floating through the music charts. She has her own perspective and a really unique sound that makes you wonder what her full album attempt will feel like.
Try some of her music here: